Quilt Gallery

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas

Of all the year's holidays, Christmas is, of course, the one most associated with the giving of gifts. My favorites to give are ones I have made myself. This year I made these five little fabric baskets for the wonderful people I work with.


It was a lot of fun to pick a different set of fabric for each one (and made me appreciate having a nice stash from which to choose). They measure about six inches wide by three inches deep by four inch high, not including the handles. The insides are lined with a single fabric.


I think they are a fun way to wrap small gifts, in this case homemade butter cookies. After the recipients have enjoyed the cookies, they can use the baskets as handy catch alls. You can find step by step instructions for making these on the Pink Penguin blog.


I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! And for those who like a white Christmas, I wish you many inches of the beautiful, fluffy stuff!




SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment