Quilt Gallery

Friday, April 21, 2017

Slow Sewing


2017 has gotten off to a slow start in the sewing department, but I count that as a good thing. I've had some nice distractions, such as houseguests,


and beautiful weather for being outdoors. We've had some great sunsets



and meadows full of wildflowers to enjoy.





I did finally finish this little quilt. I pieced, quilted and bound it entirely by hand.


I quilted the 16-patch squares across the diagonals.


For the solid blocks I used a vine and leaf design


inspired by decorative painting on walls of the Forbidden City in Beijing, which I visited last summer.


It is destined to keep my legs warm on cool nights when we watch movies at home. Aside from being a convenient travel project, it gave me a chance to use up a few of my scraps and some practice hand quilting before I take on a more important project.

No comments:

Post a Comment