Quilt Gallery

Friday, June 1, 2018

Scrappy Modern Quilt Top

Over the last six months or so, mostly on flights to various places, I have been stitching together two and one half inch squares of scraps. I finally got this bunch completed and set into a quilt top.


I alternated solids with prints. Though many of the prints are from vintage fabrics, I think the top as a whole has a modern feel to it.


In looking through some of my recent travel photos I came across this image of ceiling detail from the Grand Mosque in Muscat, Oman. The solid, unpainted stone between the panels of decorated stone really highlights the patterns. Maybe I had this in the back of my mind when I chose the big white panels between the strips of scraps.


I'll leave you with this photo of the outside of the Grand Mosque -- and a promise to be back soon with more images from that beautiful complex.




No comments:

Post a Comment