Quilt Gallery

Monday, May 18, 2020

Another Finish

I have been finishing quilt tops at an unprecedented rate during these days of social distancing! Here's the latest. I originally prepared all the blocks to take with me on a trip to the northeast in early April. Of course that trip was cancelled, so I just stitched it together on my machine. And now it is in my stack of tops to be quilted when I once again have access to a long arm machine.


I've also been spending a lot of time outdoors, enjoying springtime's bounty of wildflowers in central Texas. Most of the year this cholla cactus is notable only for its spines, but when it blooms it puts on quite a show.


Once the bluebonnets have faded, the most prolific flowers are Indian blankets, also known as fire wheels.


They can turn an entire field into a sea of bright orange.


There are also many flowers which you have to look harder to find, such as this little cactus,


and this American basket flower.


I hope everyone is healthy and able to get outdoors to enjoy the springtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment