Quilt Gallery

Friday, July 31, 2020

Bits and Pieces


Last month I complained about all the scraps generated by following Kaffe Fasset's directions for his Facet quilt. I also mentioned that I had a project that would use up most of those bits and pieces and here it is: another quilt top made of triangles. I cut the triangles with a die-cutting machine, so that part at least went very quickly.


I used scraps to make the multi-colored rows, offsetting the triangles to make the zig zag pattern.


I ran out of the solid blue I was using to separate the colored rows, and not wanting to venture out to buy more, improvised with other fabrics that I had on hand. 


That was probably a mistake. The blue is nice and crisp and I think the other colors muddy things up. I'm not going to undo it though since I expect it will look a little better once it is quilted and bound. And it will still keep whoever sleeps under it warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment