Quilt Gallery

Friday, January 29, 2021

Looking Back at 2020 Quilts

Now that it's 2021 I thought it would be nice to post all of last year's quilt finishes in one place. Of course, only one is an actual quilt at this point since I have avoided going into the shop where I could use a long arm machine to quilt them. Maybe things will change enough in 2021 for me to get them quilted and bound. So, here they are, in no particular order. 

The first one is Kaffe Fassett's "Facet" design, one of the few times I have used a published pattern. To make it more my own, I substituted a bunch of different fabrics instead of relying completely on Kaffe Fassett fabrics.


I named this mostly blue quilt "Sea Days" because it reminded me of the sparkling water that so mesmerized me during voyages to places like Antarctica and Svalbard, Norway.



I haven't thought of a name for this one. It's made from alternating quarter square triangles and solid blocks. I arranged the darks and lights to make stars pop out.


This scrap quilt made a pretty good dent in my scrap bin. I don't like it all that much, though I do think I'll appreciate it more once it is quilted. I used a die-cutter to cut out the triangles so it wasn't as much work as it might appear.



I found the center part of this quilt in my stack of WIPs (works in progress) pile and decided to expand it to a twin size quilt. The center was from the Sajou quilt along hosted by Humble Quilts back in 2018.



I think I finished this blue scrap quilt in 2019, but I never posted anything about it so I'm including it here. I pieced it by hand during various trips I took that year which seems like it must have been in a different lifetime! I am definitely looking forward to traveling again.



I didn't piece this corduroy quilt, but I did finish it for a friend of my mother's. I simply tied it and bound it. I love how the colors glow!



This last one was based on Denyse Schmidt's Free-Wheeling Single Girl quilt along. My version is very wonky because I made my own paper templates and I hand pieced all of it except for combining the blocks. This one will definitely benefit from quilting!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment